Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer's Been Cut Short...


The "do or die" season that Sasha Vujacic was heading into for the Lakers next season was supposed to be one that would be helped by the Summer he would spend playing basketball for the Slovenian National Team...well, that didn't last long.

It was reported earlier today that he had been cut from the team.

There haven't been any details, just a basic "he was released...blah blah blah...minor knee injury". Something's not right here...

Based on a report I read on Sasha's site, "announcing" that his knee was 100% healthy, and then these reports say the knee was bothering him, I have no idea what to believe. All I know is, he went to Slovenia to work on his confidence in his shooting and he ended up being cut, which probably won't help his confidence.

The saddest thing about all this is many of his fans believed that he would be able to turn things around with the help of this Summer in Slovenia. And now, we're back to worrying about if/when he'll be traded/released.

I want to stay positive, I want to say he'll turn things around, and I want to say he'll prove everyone wrong, but at what point do you just say "it's not happening"? When he's missing all of his shots? When he's getting ZERO playing time? When he's cut from his country's national basketball team? (I'm sure many people couldn't name a single player on the team, which is even more embarrassing)

This post is all in frustration and I'm sure tomorrow or months from now, my thoughts will be different from what they are in this post, but, am I wrong for posting this?

And in no way is this anger towards Sasha, this is anger towards whatever reason he was cut, anger towards whatever reason he's missing shots, anger towards all the fans who criticize him, and anger towards the pressure on him going into next season.

I haven't given up on Sasha and I haven't had that thought ONCE cross my mind and I do believe he will turn it around...but at what point do you stop praying?

2 comments:

  1. one must never stop believing. even though Sasha has hit some bumps on his basketball path, this is what life is all about ~ the good, the bad, the bad, the good...he'll be okay, especially if he takes his own quote to heart: "No matter what they say to you! No matter what is thrown upon/against you! Never lose your believe! Never lose focus! Dreams DO come true!" Sasha knows how to come out of his own hole ~ he is a true champion and true champions never stop believing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really scared & waiting till I get that e-mail saying Sasha is traded. Well not waiting, but thinking it. We have all these awesome ppl on the Lakers & I just hope he gets SOME playing time. We'll see how that goes.
    Keep your head up. :]

    ReplyDelete